|Maximum Win||250 coins per hand|
|Minimum Bet||0.5 coins|
|Maximum Bet||100 coins|
|Return to Player (RTP)||99.50%|
|Special Features||Double the initial bet, multi-hand playing mode|
The American Blackjack Casino Game belongs to the Table Game family of card games developed by the Malta head-quartered company Betsoft. This company is mostly known for its 3D and Video Slot Games. As this release shows, they like to mix it up a bit and add some diversity to their portfolio.
American Blackjack has all the hallmarks of the classic version of the game. But it has one distinctive feature: This is a multi-hand card game that gives players the chance to play with up to 3 hands and separate bets simultaneously.
Betsoft has included fitting low-tempo jazz and blues as background music and various animation speeds when the cards are dealt by the dealer. Keep reading our review to find out about the rules and how to play this lively game. If you enjoy Live Casino Games, take a look at the Live Casino section of our CoinSaga Blog to discover guides and tutorials for similar games.
Rules of the American Blackjack Casino Game
In this version of the game, 6 decks of cards are in use. The players compete only against the dealers and not against each other. The aim is very simple: Your cards’ total value needs to be 21 or as close to 21 as possible. You are not allowed to exceed and go above 21; otherwise, you lose the round. If the value of your cards is higher than that of the dealer, you win the round. If the dealer has better cards – he wins.
Each hand can end in one of three ways:
- The player wins
- The dealer wins
- The hand ends in a draw known as a push
* If the value of your first two cards is 21, you have Blackjack.
* If your cards exceed the value of 21, you lose your bet and go bust.
The rules the dealers need to follow are straightforward and very basic.
- The dealer must hit until the value of his cards is 17 or above.
- The dealer must stand when his cards are valued 17+.
- The dealer’s choice is based on the parameters mentioned above only, and not on the cards the player has received.
Card values and unique features of the game
The American Blackjack Casino Game adheres to the Las Vegas Strip rule book, but with certain additions:
- Six decks of cards are used and shuffled after every round.
- The players can split a pair of cards ONLY once.
- The players can double if the value of their cards is 10 and 11 ONLY.
- The doubling option is available after splitting as well.
- If the dealer’s upward-facing card is an Ace or a 10, he will immediately check for Blackjack.
When it comes to card values, here is what you need to remember.
- Aces are worth 1 and 11.
- Face cards are Jacks, Queens, and Kings. Each one is worth 10.
- The cards that are numbered 2-8 are worth their displayed value.
These are the 3 available payouts and the rates:
|Blackjack||3 to 2|
|Insurance||2 to 1|
|Win||1 to 1|
How the Game is Played
Each round begins by placing a bet at the designated areas on the American Blackjack Casino Game table. Pick a chip value from 0.5 – 100 and make your bet on the table. When you are ready, hit the DEAL button. You will then be dealt upward-facing cards by the dealer. You will notice that one of the dealer’s cards is facing upwards, and the other is turned towards the table. The 2nd card will be revealed after the players have made their choices.
Depending on what cards you have been dealt, you will have the following options:
- Hit – You will receive an additional card from the dealer to add to your overall count.
- Stand – No more cards will be given to you and the dealer will reveal his downward-facing card to determine the winner of the round.
- Split – 2 cards of equal value can be split into two. In that case, the same betting amount needs to be made for both hands. After the split, you will continue playing with each hand as usual.
- Double Down – Players can double their initial bets if the value of their first two dealt cards is 10 or 11. After doubling down, you can receive only one additional card.
Insurance – If the dealer’s visible card is an Ace, his 2nd card might be a face card, and he could have Blackjack. The game allows you to purchase insurance in case that happens. The value of the insurance is 50% of your initial bet. If the dealer has Blackjack, the insurance will pay you 2 to 1 of the original wager. If he doesn’t have Blackjack, you lose the insurance. The insurance is settled independently from the main game. You will still be competing with the dealer to reach 21, no matter if the insurance policy was active or not.
Table Layout and Available Options for the American Blackjack Casino Game
After the game loads, players are taken to the main interface. Below the table, you will notice several buttons. The most crucial selection is the chip denomination in the middle. You can browse through the different values by clicking on the +/- buttons on both ends of the field.
The game offers 3 different card dealing speeds. To switch between these, select one of the 3 arrow symbols on the bottom left of the screen. The sound can be easily turned on or off with a click on the sound icon on the left. The info icon displays the payouts data.
Underneath those two buttons, we find the options button represented by 3 horizontal lines. The question mark icon next to it brings up the rules of American Blackjack with all the details that the players need to know.
The American Blackjack Casino Game is easy to learn and an excellent choice to introduce some needed variety to classical Blackjack. Triple the excitement with this multi-hand game where players have the freedom to make 3 separate bets with 3 different wagers.
Double up when you think the odds are in your favor. Split your cards for added winning potential, and protect your investment by purchasing insurance against a dealer’s Blackjack.
Share with us your winning strategies, and tell us what your favorite thing about American Blackjack is.