|62.5 BTC, ≈ $730.000
|Return to Player (RTP)
|Double, Triple, or Quadruple the initial bet
The Power Blackjack Casino Game is a new type of Blackjack Live Dealer game developed by Evolution Gaming. This game belongs to the Infinite Blackjack category, which means that there is no limit to the number of players who can participate at one table.
This version of the game is similar to Classic Blackjack. Still, Evolution has decided to add several twists to increase excitement. The most obvious one is the added option to triple and quadruple your bets on the 2 first dealt cards. In addition to that, the 9s and 10s have been removed from the decks. This change reduces the total number of cards from 416 to 352. Obviously, Classic Blackjack strategies and tricks won’t work in this game due to a reduced deck.
But don’t worry. New strategies for Power Blackjack have been developed. Besides the standard betting, players can also bet on up to 4 added side bets. Keep reading our review to learn the rules of this new addition to the Blackjack family, the possibilities it offers, and the available unique features.
Rules of the Power Blackjack Casino Game
The basic rule of this Live Game is simple: The player competes against a dealer and needs to get a higher card count but without going over 21. The optimal result is when the sum of the first two dealt cards is exactly 21. This is called a Blackjack.
Here are some unique features of Power Blackjack that you need to know before continuing:
- Both the players and the dealer get 2 initial cards.
- The dealer has to stand (stop taking new cards) at 17 or above.
- The dealer has to hit (take new cards) until the card value reaches 17 or above.
- Players can double, triple, or quadruple their bets only on the first 2 cards, or the split.
- Card pairs can be split.
- The dealer will go for Blackjack (21) if he has a face card.
- Players are offered insurance if the dealer gets an ace.
* If your two cards’ total value is 21, you have Blackjack, and you won the round.
* If the dealer’s upward-facing card is an ace, players can purchase insurance in the Power Blackjack Casino Game to protect themselves against the possibility that the dealer has Blackjack. The amount paid for the insurance is half of the bet for that round. The round ends if the dealer has Blackjack, and the player doesn’t. If both parties have Blackjack, the round ends in a push, and the player’s wager is returned.
* If the dealer does not have Blackjack and the value of his 2 cards is below 17, players can choose to hit and receive an additional card. They can do this multiple times until they are satisfied with the outcome and decide to stand. The player goes bust if the value of his cards is 22 or more.
* If the player doubles, triples, or quadruples his bet, he can be dealt only one additional card to complement the first 2 cards.
* Players can split the cards they have been dealt, only if they are of the same value. They will then play with two pairs of cards and have separate bets for each pair. They can hit, stand, or use the double, triple, or quadruple option. In that case, they can only receive one additional card. The same rule applies if the player splits a pair of aces.
Card Values in the Power Blackjack Casino Game
Power Blackjack is played with 8 decks of cards. The 9s and 10s aren’t part of the game and are removed.
- Cards 2 – 8 are worth their original value.
- Aces are worth both 1 and 11.
- Jacks, Queens, and Kings are Face cards. Each is worth 10.
How to Play
Before each round of play, there is a 12-second time limit to place your bets. After bets are placed, the game begins. The dealer deals one upward-facing card to the player and one to his/her own position. The player then receives a 2nd upward facing card. The dealer’s 2nd card faces downwards and is revealed later.
The player now has multiple options to pick from depending on the cards he has been dealt and the strategy and style of play he prefers:
- Double, Triple, or Quadruple
The dealer has to wait for the players to make their decisions before it’s his/her turn to play. The rules the dealer needs to follow are simple:
- If the value of his hand is 17+, he has to stand.
- If the value is 16 and under, he has to keep playing until he reaches 17 or goes bust.
The Power Blackjack Casino Game offers 4 side bets that can be placed in addition to the regular Blackjack betting. It is important to mention that you can win your side bets no matter the outcome of your main bet.
The 4 side bets are:
- Any pair – The player wins if the first 2 cards he is dealt are a pair.
- 21+3 – The player is betting that his first 2 cards + the dealer’s first card form one of the following valid poker combinations: Suited Trips, Straight Flush, Three of a Kind, Straight, or Flush.
- Hot 3 – The player bets that the total value of his 2 cards + the upward-facing dealer card equals 19, 20, 21, or three 7s.
- Bust It – This is a bet that the dealer will bust.
- A Blackjack offers a payout of 1.5 times your initial bet.
- A winning round pays out 1:1 (double).
- If the dealer hits Blackjack, the activated insurance pays 2:1.
Here is a table with the rates for all other payouts and winning combinations:
Table Layout and Betting Options
The Power Blackjack Casino Game has a betting range from 0.0001 BTC – 0.25 BTC per hand. You can view your balance and the value of your bet at the bottom left of the interface.
You will see a green light that informs the players to place their bets. Bets are placed by selecting an appropriate chip value and clicking with your mouse on the desired spot on the table. Each click will increase your total wager by the value of the selected chip.
Players will also notice Repeat, Double/Triple, Quadruple, All Side Bets, and Undo buttons on the table. You can chat with the game hostesses by clicking on the chat field on the top left corner. There are several other functions in the top right corner. You can change the camera view, turn the sound on/off, check the settings, view the history of your bets, read the help guide, or switch to full screen.
Power Blackjack Strategy
Power Blackjack by Evolution Gaming is not the same game as Classic Blackjack or some of the other available versions. Using the wrong strategy would create an opposing effect, and it is not recommended.
The team of Evolution has developed and released its own strategy that players are free to follow. It suggests the best course of action, depending on the player and dealer’s cards.
The lovely folks from Live Casino Comparer have created a table based on this strategy that we will share with you:
The Power Blackjack Casino Game is a fascinating new edition to Evolution’s Blackjack franchise. It has some exciting side bets. Evolution was friendly enough to release a corresponding strategy with tips and tricks to help players get used to the new game.
The RTP of the game is 98.80%, and its most highly anticipated feature is undoubtedly the triple and quadruple betting potential. The reduced decks need some time to get used to it. Still, with a good strategy, players can easily overcome such an obstacle.
If you enjoyed playing Power Blackjack, try out some of the other games of CoinSaga’s Live Casino offer.